Cargill Supply and Inventory Planner in Wichita, Kansas
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Supply and Inventory Planner will coordinate long-term supply chain strategies across networks. In this role, you will monitor key integrated business planning performance indicators, cost-to-serve performance data, helping coordinate cross-functional work teams.
• Maintain data relevant to network distribution planning activities including capacity, constraint, logistics, supplier, master and location data.
• Generate and execute cycle and safety stock plans for the assigned product or location, using the approved supply plan inputs.
• Develop gap coverage plans during inventory shortages.
• Create requirements plan and long-term supply plan for assigned product(s) and location(s) as input for the integrated business planning cycle.
• You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum of four years related work experience
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary
• Experience in supply and inventory planning
• Food manufacturing experience
• Experience with Logility software
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.