Cargill Regional Senior FSQR Professional (Northeast) in Wayzata, Minnesota
Regional Senior FSQR Professional (Northeast)
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary
Lead internal and externalcollaboration and connectivity in the Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR)function to ensure leveragingof best practice and consistency of FSQR policies and standards across multiplefacilities within a CANBusiness Region.
Responsible within a businessfor the management of the FSQR function including: continuous improvement ofFSQR processes and systems,implementing FSQR policy in the business, ensuring and auditing compliance,assistwith FSQR talent selection anddevelopment, customer specifications and quality issues and assist in managingtheexternal FSQR environment.
- Ensure compliance of regulations/policies –assumes accountability for FSQR compliance, direction and activities across aCAN Business region, assists locations to implement FSQR policies, regulations,customer and supplier standards across multiple locations in CAN
- Perform prevention activities and issueresolution – following direction from CAN Business FSQR Manager, ensuresconnectivitiy and collaboration between FSQR functions across multiplefacilities in a region, mediates and ensure resolution, leads CAN regionalcrisis management team, directs work with suppliers/external manufacturers, proactivelyanticipates risk and takes preventative action across multiple CAN businesslocations, accountable for completion of facility audits and proactivelyaddress risk areas
- Develop, implement and assess processes/systems– following CAN Business FSQR Manager, directs implementation of multiplelocations FSQR process/systems and management of change systems across businessregion drives continuous improvement, provides input to CAN business leadershiprelated to base/non-base capital needs to maintain food safety leadershipposition
- Shape food safety, quality and regulatoryculture/reputation – responsible for building internal and externalpartnerships within the region, ensure customer complaint issues addressed,lead implementation of CAN business strategy across multiple locations in aregion to ensure a highly engaged FSQR workforce
- People/resource/budget management – Assists withtalent selection and development of employees in FSQR organization for multipleregional facilities; coordinates talent management efforts with other CANbusiness FSQR leaders in the business region, build and develop effective,engaged FSQR workforce across the BU, develop strategic and tactical FSQR plansfor BU in alignment with platform corporate FSQR and CAN business objectives,key member of CAN business FSQR leadership team
Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science,Food Science, Biological Sciences or related fields. Deep technical knowledgein the areas of food safety, quality assurance and regulatory affairs.
Minimum 5-8 years experience in TechnicalServices, i.e., Quality, Food Safety, Auditing, etc.
Intermediate HAACP Knowledge/Implementation -Applies HAACP to identify & control food safety hazards
Intermediate Auditing/Compliance - Appliesintermediate auditing and quality compliance skills to identify and managerisks/compliance.
Intermediate Meeting Customer SpecificationsManagement - Interfaces effectively with customers; ensures products meetcustomer specifications; answers questions & solves customer problems
Intermediate Managing and Improving Processes -Delivers intermediate processing that are aligned, effective & optimizeCargill resources
Intermediate Plant Manufacturing Knowledge -intermediate practical knowledge of manufacturing processes & operations
Intermediate Project Management - Appliesintermediate structured, disciplined approach to planning, administering andcompleting projects
Intermediate Training - Delivers intermediatelearning solutions that engage leaners and provides desired outcomes
Basic BusinessAcumen - Applies basic businessacumen to partner effectively with business counterparts
Basic Knowledge of Food Laws & Regulations -Stays up-to-date and ensures compliance with food laws and regulations.
Basic Product Information/Documentation -Prepares product information and documentation that meet regulatory compliancerequirements.
Basic Supplier Quality Assurance - Identifies& addresses basic supplier quality issues
Basic External Partnering - Builds basicrelationships & negotiates effectively with external groups
Basic Scientific Knowledge - Applies basicscientific knowledge & principles to identify & manage risk
Capable to provide leadership/motivation toengage employees in the business.
Basic Risk Assessment - Conducts andcommunicates the results of a scientific evaluation of the known or potentialadverse health effects resulting from human or animal exposure to food bornehazards.
Basic Knowledge of Quality Standards &Quality Tools - Applies knowledge of quality standards and tools to enhancefood safety and quality
If selected for an interview, youwill be required to submit signed copies of your last two performancereviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy.)
This position is posted internally as well asexternally.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Other Locations United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: WAY06951