Cargill Data Scientist II - Brazil in Brazil
Position Purpose & Summary:
Cargill has a significant presence across most supply chains in the agricultural space. With such a footprint comes massive amounts of data that can inform us about markets and ways to improve our business practices. This position is part of the CASC SA Analytics team and oversees the application and development of data analysis/engineering/science tools and pipelines. Your work is to explore, connect and curate internal data sources, develop data models using algorithms for description, prediction and prescription. In this position you will also manage data-driven projects, build business theories and use advanced analytics techniques to develop end-to-end solutions that help deliver significant value to a variety of Cargill’s businesses and functions. Be prepared to be exposed to a wide spectrum of high visibility projects ranging from competitive excellence and supply chain optimization to strategic pricing and market position forecasting.
• Create business theories and propose algorithms to analyze, challenge and leverage data and business models from existing and new data sources.
• Develop data products (both models and visualizations).
• Seek out industry best practices and develop skills to create/improve analytical capabilities for data analytics at Cargill.
• Manage data-driven projects.
• Bachelor degree from an accredited college/university in a major quantitative area (Computer Science, Physics, Statistics, etc.);
• In-depth knowledge of the standard data science toolkit (linear models, neural networks, random forest, etc.).
• Proficiency in python;
• Proficiency in one of these languages/IDEs: R/RStudio, Jupyter, Scala/Eclipse;
• Proficiency in developing software for Gnu/Linux and Windows 10/Office 365;
• Proficiency in databases (SQL/NoSQL), data modeling, and distributed computing frameworks;
• Experience in code management/versioning using git/GitHub;
• Experience developing and testing theoretical, machine learning and statistical models;
• Advanced in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.