Cargill Analista de Comercio Exterior PL – Uberlândia/MG in Uberlândia, Brazil
With some to limited oversight, responsible for coordination and execution of moderately complex / medium scale trade execution activities, using full knowledge of trade execution practices and procedures, related to customer interaction/ business partnership, process improvements/ compliance, data management/ documentation, shipment execution, performance management and strategy support.
To execute all the activities related to issuance of documents, contracts and licenses for bulk flows, including system accuracy maintenance, and procedure upkeep and review.
Maturity is required to identify when advice and/ or help is needed during execution of bulk export or import flows. These may require special attention or knowledge due to the needs of customers, clients, product-line, origin, strategy or destination.
To work with specific import and/or export documentation and their requirements, as well as pre and post loading contract execution, shipping goods from diverse ports and terminals to international destinations.
This position must keep informed and involved, as applicable, its peers and leader, as well to stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Interaction and collaboration within the trade execution teams in other Bus,, Platforms and or/ regions as necessary.
Products to be handled by the position are those operated by the involved CASC BUs as well as those BUs to whom Trade Execution renders services (cotton, sugar, grains, oils, meals, ingredients, food sector, etc.).
Flows include processes in in containers, bulk or break-bulk.
• Independently execute with excellence the container, import or bulk export flows under his or her responsibility, which includes knowing how to apply contractual terms to minimize risks of the execution (such as demurrage, penalties, defaults, delays on payments, etc.). Requires full knowledge of regulatory policy, including export compliance, government regulations, along with frequent communication with law and tax as needed. Utilizes this knowledge to seek opportunities for cost saving or revenue generation;
• To carefully check or review purchase and sales contracts to ensure their clauses are fully understood and executable, and puts a shipment plan in place to correspond with these agreements and terms. Reviews and records documents, ensuring per legal and fiscal requirements, using current knowledge of trade execution practices and procedures;
• Communicates with all involved in the chain of bulk execution regarding import or export requirements, maintaining data management systems always current and accurate;
• To be in contact with traders, commercials, controllers and other functional areas in order to maintain the control of the open contracts position, guaranteeing the contracts are timely executed, coordinating and ensuring import and/or export licenses, pre-inspections requests and phyto permits, issuing documentary instructions according to contract terms and specific country, goods or governmental requirements, coordinating and ensuring issuance of pertinent shipping and export documents and certificates, dealing with Letters of Credit, creating and coordinate invoices and payments;
• With some supervision, handles export or import processes for CASC Platform BU as well as for other BUs in other platforms. To execute his or her tasks with excellence, dealing with peers, stakeholders, third parties, governmental entities and other departments of the organization;
• Conducts standard analysis on risk exposure and process improvement, and may recommend next steps to more senior members of the team;
• Interacts with other teams and departments within Trade Execution, maintaining focus on the customer and guaranteeing compliance to internal and external guiding principles and policies;
• Get involved with service providers and other teams in a way to provide the company a safe and flawless execution of export and/or import flows;
• Be aligned with the market trends for the export and/or import procedures, use them to promote quality of the execution and share with the team and colleagues as appropriate;
• Guarantee the information flow inside and outside the team, inside and outside the organization;
• Provide training to colleagues whenever it’s necessary, supporting the development of peers and junior team mates. Provide feedback on current processes to maintain an updated and useful procedure for the Trade Execution function;
• Seeks to improve processes so that less experienced peers (locally or abroad) have all the information necessary to perform a flawless execution of the processes. Knows how to identify the need for help and advice, proactively seeking where to attain the right support;
• Responsible to ensure that all the information necessary to execute his or her tasks are received, accessible and updated, along with support of workload distribution amongst the team;
• Work with local peers and management on BU strategy and Trade Execution issues, providing support in finding resolution or asking for advice as needed, and representing Trade Execution team on BUs projects, as well as any other duties as assigned.
• University degree level is required, preferably in Business Administration, Logistics, International Business, and International Affairs;
• Experience in Trade Execution, logistics, supply chain, trading or similar;
• Experience with cotton export;
• Knowledge of Incoterms, Governing rules and applicable commodities is preferred;
• Advanced in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.