Cargill Associate Buyer in Saraburi, Thailand
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary:
Responsible for procurement activities for Saraburi Location, including managing procurement transaction processes and procurement record, providing location procurement support, managing supplier event and relationship, and implement sourcing strategies.
75% Manage/execute procurement transaction processes
- Ensure that procurement request are proceeded for goods, services and/or supplies from Saraburi plants, and procure requests of new materials/goods, services and/or supplies from existing suppliers within established
- Obtain approval from more senior procurement staff or Strategic sourcing organization for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies in excess of established limits.
10% Provide procurement support
- Conducts basic research and analysis from JDE/Maximo system to understand purchasing requirement and work with plant/location staff to gather information and basic understanding of plant operations to provide general forecasing of longer term needs and ensure purchasing plan is aligned.
10% Manage supplier events & relationships
- Establish procedures in order to select suppliers for procurement of non-contracted material/goods, services, and/or supplies in local spend within established, lower dollar limits, including
- Gather and perform basic analysis of internal spend data
- Gather straightforward requirements from internal stakeholders
- Researching readily accessible supplier options
- Collecting supplier bids and performing basic analysis of results
- Negotiating basic contract terms and conditions
- Work with location staff to research and resolve supplier issue and escalates more significant issues to higher level procurement staff as appropriate.
5% Manage procurement records
- Run and provides basic analysis of standard/predefined procurement management system report to follow materials/goods, services and/or supplies through the supply chain, keep stakeholders informed the status.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering field
- Minimum 3 years professional in Purchasing and Sourcing of Plant repair and maintenance Service
- Proficiency in computer skills including Windows (Excel , Outlook ,PowerPoint)
- Must be detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills to work in a fast paced environment.
- Effective inter-personal skills in dealing with all levels and departments within the company
- Good command of English Language
- Customer service skills and orientation
- Experience with SAP, or ERP Systems will be advantage
Job Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
Primary Location Thailand-Saraburi
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: SAR00274