Cargill Communications Specialist, Sustainability & CR in San Antonio, Costa Rica
Job Purpose and Impact
The Communications Specialist is part of the Sustainability and CR Global Communication team and will write and build communications for a variety of channels to reach key audiences and deliver against defined communications objectives. You will be the main writer for Cargill's sustainability and CR content - reaching employees and external audiences with stories featuring our positive impact on people and the planet. In this role, you'll work closely with your communication partners to create compelling content and unlock stories from around Cargill. You'll be a strong writer and storyteller who uses AP Style. You'll follow established procedures, but have an opportunity to continuously improve future communications by using new and established tools such as SharePoint, DigiDeck and more. You'll be familiar with the latest communication trends and be strong in producing content for large audiences. In this position, you'll compile results to demonstrate progress toward measurable objectives.
• Receive instruction, guidance and direction from full team and deliver content and messaging to support key communication campaigns and themes.
• Create content for multiple communications and manage campaigns or projects, advising business partners.
• Implement tactics within a communications plan based on Cargill strategies.
• Developing business acumen to understand the company and its customers.
• Interact with peers in other global communications groups and share best practices.
• Deliver quality assignments on time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, minimum two years experience
• Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
• Conceptual knowledge of fundamental communications theories, principles and practices
• Understanding of and experience in using AP Style
• Interest in sustainability and corporate responsibility
• Previous experience creating communications for a medium or large company (more than 500 employees)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.