Cargill Shipping Rotation - 3rd Shift (11PM-8AM) - Full Time - Mt. Crawford, VA in Mount Crawford, Virginia
This is a full-time position located in Mt Crawford,VA. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance
We invited you to apply for the other positions that we have available in Virginia:
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, pork and turkey, foodservice, food distribution and case ready businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Turkey and Cooked Meats facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Shipping Rotation is a vital role in the daily operations of our facility. Job duties within this position are responsible for completing a rotation between a dock worker and a picker. Responsibility of a dock worker include stack, wrap and scan boxes accurately and efficiently. Load trucks utilizing a power industrial truck. Maintain cleanliness of dock and dock equipment. Responsibility of a picker include utilizing PIT to bring pallets from storage rooms to the dock and help crew with stacking wrapping and scanning of boxes as needed. Handle these and all other assignments while maintaining food safety within a safe work environment.
While performing the duties of Shipping Rotation, the employee is regularly exposed to a fast paced cold environment (<32ºF to -35ºF) with slippery surfaces at times; moving mechanical parts. Position requires standing throughout the shift and the use of PPE is required in all areas of the facility.
Perform repetitive tasks. Examples include:
• Operating stand up fork lift moving boxes of product.
• Loading trailers with large, double-stacked boxes safely and accurately
• Lifting and handling of product and boxes that may weigh up to 60 pounds
• Ensuring food safety and quality
• Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
• Cleanliness and housekeeping
• All other duties as assigned to support production
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Good attendance and safety record.
• Must be able to obtain Fork Lift Drivers certification
• Responsible for some paperwork and other miscellaneous duties.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks.
• Must be a self-starter and have good communication skills.
• Must be a team player, but also must be able to work well alone.
• Must be dependable and able to work flexible hours.
• Previous warehousing experience
• Previous Cargill experience
• Work history in the past 12 months
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.