Cargill Mechanic - 1st shift - Full Time - Fresno, California in Fresno, California
This is a full-time position is located in Fresno, California. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Food Distribution
The Maintenance Mechanic plays a vital role in the ongoing Maintenance and Reliability effort, by not only executing the work as planned, but by providing feedback and comments for improvement. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the faithful execution of work. They will insist on having a work order number available to them to insure appropriate accountability for parts, work materials, and the capture of their time against the equipment being served. They will provide feedback on what repairs were made to the equipment on the work order, and will offer suggestions on how to improve the plans associated to the work effort. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for completing maintenance activities as directed on a day-to-day basis. This includes preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance assignments.
Manufacturing Process Reliability:
• Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment
• Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Respond to interruption work from immediate supervisor.
• Complete Closeout Activities including, Tool accountability / Parts reconciliation, Sanitation tagging / Notification to Production, Return unused materials and tools, Functional Operations test complete, and arrange for PdM validation.
• Complete, Sign and return hardcopy Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
• Authorized to work in the United States
• 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• Shift Hours 8:00am – 4:30pm
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
• Must have a 2-4 years of industrial maintenance experience OR minimum 7-month technical training certification
• Previously worked for Cargill
• Use of a Voltage Ohm Meter
• Troubleshoot electrical problems without schematics
• Welding experience
• Welding Certification
• Experience working on hydraulics and pneumatics
• Previous food processing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.