Cargill Lab Tech I - Full Time - Fresno, California in Fresno, California
This is a full-time position located in Fresno, CA . Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Value Added Protein
Cargill Value Added Protein - Foodservice is the preferred meat supplier to restaurant chains, healthcare facilities, colleges and universities, business and industry. Foodservice professionals throughout North America count on Cargill Value Added Protein for customer-focused meat solutions that blend culinary trends with labor-saving efficiency.
• Receive and process samples in a timely manner and record identifying information on specified forms. Assists in the release and verification of production product. Be able to accurately and efficiently perform all lab tests according to standard procedures with little or no supervision. Basic tests include serial dilution and plating of meat products for APC, coliform, generic E. coli. Perform fat and moisture determination, chemical titrations, NIR spectrophotometry.
• Comply with corporate Good Laboratory Practices, laboratory SOPs, and HACCP requirements including laboratory environmental and daily equipment monitoring, calibrations, verifications, and aseptic technique.
• Communicate and document laboratory results to the proper reporting channels and persons as per company guidelines, including entry and maintenance of LIMS, shelf-life and other databases.
• Assist in determining the root cause of problems by examining and evaluating data and offer suggestions for correcting the problem.
• Maintain safe practices and procedures in the lab. Maintain proper job procedures, hazardous waste disposal procedures, use of lab, and Personal Protective Equipment.
• Assist in keeping laboratory and FSQR supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt. Ensure proper rotation and review of chemical supply to prevent use of expired chemicals. Assists in ensuring calibration and maintenance of test equipment is kept current.
• Provide support for the laboratory supervisor and FSQR team, helping/coordinating special projects with the team.
• High school diploma required
• Demonstrated basic understanding of microbiology and chemistry; knowledge of lab testing including plating, titrations, fat and moisture determination, aseptic techniques
• Demonstrated trouble-shooting skills and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to handle pressure and stress while managing multiple tasks
• Must be able to speak and write in English
• Proficient computer skills and ability to pick up new programs quickly (Microsoft Office Suite, LIMS, other database programs)
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Be able to lift in excess of 25 pounds, cut and trim samples with a knife
• 1-3 years experience in a lab or QC
• Able to speak Spanish speaking
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.