Cargill Commercial Consultant in Bangkok, Thailand
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary:
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, custo people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries w responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN) seeks to become the trusted advisor to its customers through a practical and applied appr solutions. Through Cargill’s Premix and Nutrition (CPN) business, we bring technical solutions and innovative product co customers’ trusted advisor when evaluating decisions to optimize their financial performance. CPN Thailand is a priority growth business for CPN in Southeast Asia (SEA). Our growing team is rapidly developing ne incumbent will be an essential member of the CPN Thailand commercial team, responsible for driving commercial growt feed mills in Thailand. Success requires close customer relationships and the ability to deploy technical solutions to mee This role will operate as the main point of contact to our customers, working directly with end users. The majority of this facing environment managing customer relationships, with a focus on commercial priorities and troubleshooting technica program design, and production management best practice
50% Commercial Leadership and Growth
- Commercial Leadership:
o Builds, develops, and leads the market in delivering CPN’s unique set of technical offerings. sustainable commercial capabilities that will position CPN as the Trusted Advisor to its chosen customers and help achie
o Develop new market opportunities with commercial activities in the market o Sales targets for profitable volume growth and strategic objectives for the market
o Sales excellence capability (including Key Account Management)
o Deep customer understanding and relationship building with key decision makers in each significant account
- New Business Development:
o Executes business development plans and growth strategies for new and existing offer qualifies new sales opportunities, including:
o Deeper market penetration of core product offering such as Specialty Ingredients and Technical Feed Additives
o New customer development
o Leverage technology application team to deploy unique technology and services to make customers more profitable
- Existing Account Management:
o Initiates, develops, and maintains customer working relationship with external/ internal
o Translates business plans and sales strategy into account specific growth plans.
o Positions CPN’s portfolio of products/services for most favorable opportunities by presenting the company’s capabilities
o Build and execute strategy to achieve sales targets and volume growth goals.
o Lead customer-facing efforts to generate demand.
o Ensure customer satisfaction and maximize return on investment for existing accounts
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders, influencers, and decision-makers to ensure that margins and sales goals ar customers’ needs and ways to enhance CPN added value proposition.
- Monitors closely the customer relationship for continuous value creation and performance optimization opportunities.
- Maintain up to date account plans for key customers.
- Supports customer needs through effective collaboration with Customer Service/Supply Chain/Operations/ Procurement materials and ability to meet customer specifications and timelines. Ensures that customers are satisfied and that any in timely manner.
- Achieve sales targets for profitable volume growth and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Ensures customer retention and satisfaction while maximizing customer’s ROI opportunities
- Executes customer pricing programs within guidelines established by pricing policy and procedures. Collaborates with pricing strategy competiveness and application.
- Perform intermediate level customer-level technical support related to nutrition formulation, animal husbandry practices
- Identify complex or advanced customer production performance issues and opportunities, and engage appropriate sup team to provide technical solutions.
- Organize, provide and/or facilitate technical or product field training for key stakeholders, including customers, distributor
- Stay current on Cargill Animal Nutrition Technical developments, and be able to transfer relevant insight to customers.
- Bring a practical, applied approach to animal production practices, with a firm understanding of animal nutrition.
- Partners with the immediate network of business/functional stakeholders to exchange ideas and development of new Marketing & Technology platform, marketing/brand specialist, solutions/technical sales specialist, technical services cons
- Leverages and develops external network contacts (i.e. industry related contacts).
- Leverages Sales and Marketing support functions to assist on sales efforts. Executes on sales/marketing strategies an pricing, channels of distributions) utilized by the business.
- Utilizes sales and marketing support functions to assess competitor capabilities along with comparisons to business’s c account offerings against competitive options.
- Assists where applicable and resolves issues, disagreements, and clarifies misunderstandings with customers, team performance.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Nutrition and/or Animal Production or Animal Health.
- Knowledge of Animal Science and Practical Animal husbandry.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive external sales and business development with a good track record and experience
- Proven leader with strong analytical and conceptual skills Robust Sales experience in a multinational or leading regional animal nutrition organization.
- Strong understanding of Key Account Management, including good prospecting and closing skills.
- Good communication skills with fluency in Thai and basic to intermediate fluency in English.
- Ability to develop and present a business solution Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with important business disciplines (e.g. Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain)
- Familiar with farm concept selling
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within the B-B sales preferably in farm direct selling
- Robust Sales experience in an animal health organization.
- Possess a balance of technical skills and business acumen to identify opportunities for optimizing our customers’ production
- Own strong knowledge of livestock production industry in Malaysia, including a deep understanding of producer
- Possess and continuously develops solid knowledge of the customer business strategy, requirements/needs and comp
- Develops extensive industry knowledge across a broad and/or specialized spectrum of products / services / segments offerings
Other relevant information to the position:
- Broad commercial and technical perspective in Cargill Animal Nutrition’s activities in Asia. Extensive interaction with local functions. Formal and on-the-job training for commercial leadership and applied nutrition across species and customers
Primary Location Thailand-Bangkok
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: BAN03349