Cargill M&R leader in Baie-Comeau, Canada
BAI00069 - MAINT & RELIABILITY LEAD SUPERVISOR
Position Purpose & Summary
As the Maintenance and Reliability Leader you will be accountable to the Terminal Manager and the BU Reliability Leader for the direct accountability, leadership, and oversight of the Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance and third party maintenance resources. You will lead the sustainable deployment and improvement of the Reliability Excellence strategy and is directly accountable for plant uptime, ensuring that the maintenance team meets the challenging demands of a plant that operates 24/7.
You will work closely with the Plant Superintendent and external Engineer to coordinate the Terminal’s operational capabilities and ensure that our assets are available to meet production, regulatory and project needs. And also responsible for developing and managing the maintenance budget for the terminal with due regard for opportunities that can increase safety, earnings and uptime. In addition, the position will work to safeguard the people and assets of the terminal by ensuring the integrity of all Risk Management, Loss Control and Environment, Health and Safety programs. The individual is a Champion of the deployment and execution of the CASC Platform and The BU Operational Excellence Strategy.
70% - RELIABILITY EXCELLENCE/CAPITAL EFFECTIVENESS:
• Lead and oversee the mechanical, electrical and third party maintenance resources.
• Actively lead the Reliability Excellence deployment ensuring that process improvements are implemented in a sustainable way.
• Ensure the maintenance team is actively engaged around the activities involved in reliability excellence to increase efficiency, productivity and decrease costs and down time caused by equipment failure.
• Actively encourage the maintenance team to employ best practices and procedures to ensure a reliable operating plant.
• Accountable for the up time of the facility ensuring that the team meets the challenging demands of a plant that runs 24/7.
10% TALENT MANAGEMENT:
• Lead talent management process, developing staff ensuring their roles are clearly understood and creating development plans to improve performance and growth for individuals and for succession planning.
10% RISK MANAGEMENT:
• Work with BU and location E,H,&S leader, Terminal Manager and Terminal Leader to develop, drive and monitor effective Environment, Health and Safety plans for the maintenance team at the Terminal.
10% OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS:
In keeping with the BU strategy, seek, devise and implement improvements to increase plant capacity and staff effectiveness, including the incorporation of Best Practices and Operational Excellence initiatives.
• Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with related reliability and maintenance
• Strong technical expertise in project management, preventative maintenance, risk management, loss control and EHS.
• Strong mechanical aptitude,knowl and a solid understanding of structural and mechanical engineering as well as product handling equipment.
• Ability to problem solve, defect identification and elimination, root cause analysis, and trend analysis
• Proven change management skills
• Experience with collective agreements and working in a unionized environment.
• Demonstrated experience operating a safe and efficient maintenance team.
• Knowledge of Cargill's Loss Prevention policies as well as regulations, such as WHMIS, Canada Labour Code part II
• Ability to effectively lead a team of diverse employees with demonstrated leadership
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills
• Ability to manage compliance with Environment, Health & Safety and Operations standards and regulations
• Knowledge of inventory control, quality management and operating efficiency
• Fully bilingual in French and English
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• Structure approach
• Ability to manage many projects at the same time
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.